SAP SuccessFactors HCM Implementation
STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services focused primarily on healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical device customers. STERIS helps their customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. In the spirit of continuous improvement, STERIS looked to the complete SuccessFactors suite of modules in order to consolidate multiple HR, Benefits and Payroll applications and business processes into a single, global HRIS system. High level project goals included centralizing and standardizing global employee data; enabling self-service, workflows and approvals; integrating recruiting, performance and succession management; and deploying robust workforce analytics, reporting and dashboards.
An external consultant (Navigator) will be responsible for ensuring the following actions: 1) The Project Team completes the project. 2) Develops the Project Plan with the team and manages the team’s performance of project tasks. 3) Responsible to secure acceptance and approval of deliverables from the Project Sponsor and Stakeholders. 4) Responsible for communication, including status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved in the team, and, in general, making sure the project is delivered in budget, on schedule, and within scope.
An external consultant (Navigator) will develop a comprehensive change management plan based on thorough stakeholder analysis. Adapting the Prosci® ADKAR change management model, the change management plan will include four key phases: 1) Getting the workforce ready for the change (e.g. corporate communications, webinars, corporate town halls), 2) developing a workforce willingness to change (e.g. middle manager targeted engagement, advocate/cheerleader core, soliciting and responding to employee feedback/concerns), 3) equipping the workforce to make the change (e.g. training, job aids, performance support new hire onboarding), and 4) reinforcing the behavior change (e.g. contests, policy change, employee recognition).
A certified SAP SuccessFactors System Implementer (PwC) will be responsible for all SuccessFactors configuration and build activities.
- Go-Live for U.S., Canada and legacy international business units completed Aug-Sep 2016. Employee self-service launched.
- U.S. benefits converted to Benefitfocus solution Oct. 2016. Open enrollment for 2017 benefits completed successfully through Benefitfocus
- IMS payroll conversion completed 12/26/16 including conversion to Kronos timekeeping.
- 75% of remaining Kronos timekeeping conversions completed; remaining conversions scheduled for Q1/Q2 2017
- Global workshops conducted for managers and HR administrators
- Learning management (LMS) module launched Oct. 2016
- Global data conversions underway (as of 1/16/17) for remaining international business units
- Manager self-service scheduled for go-live Q1 2017
- Recruiting & Onboarding scheduled for go-live Q1 2017
- Performance Management, Succession & Goals, Compensation modules underway and scheduled for go-live Q2 2017