Transforming the Business
The University of Georgia (UGA) is embarking on a multi-year business transformation project to replace its legacy financial, budget, grants management, human resources, and payroll systems with a modern, vendor provided solution. This initiative will substantially improve the efficiency of support processes, improve data access and reporting, and provide better administrative support to UGA’s faculty, staff, and researchers. UGA will replace its customized financial, budget, and grants management system with the Oracle PeopleSoft and Hyperion solution, configured and operated to meet the institution’s unique requirements. The project includes the deployment of PeopleSoft Financials 9.2, the PeopleSoft Portal, Hyperion Public Sector Planning & Budgeting (Hyperion), and a reporting/analytics solution. In a concurrent effort, the University will join with other University System of Georgia (USG) institutions to configure and adopt a common, USG supported, human resources and payroll solution comprised of the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.2 suite of products.
Navigator will serve as the third-party project manager to manage the overall coordination and monitoring of the project. Navigator will work in concert with University project leadership, UGA’s PeopleSoft and Hyperion implementation partner, UGA’s technical team, and UGA’s outsourced technical partners to plan, track, and coordinate all aspects of the implementation of the new system and the associated changes in business processes, policies, and organizational structures.
Navigator will assume the following areas of responsibility:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leading the development of a detailed project plan that incorporates all major project activities;
- Tracking and reporting project progress through status reports, metrics, and effective project controls;
- Identifying risks to the successful completion of the project and coordinating the development of recommendations to Project leadership to mitigate or prevent risk;
- Creating structures and practices that enable issues to be quickly identified, researched, and resolved;
- Preparing and presenting regular assessments of project risks along with recommendations to mitigate or resolve issues that jeopardize the project’s success; Establishing necessary work methods and project communication methods to enable all members of the project team (UGA staff, implementation consultants, and contractors) to work effectively as a single team.