Pharmaceutical Technology and Process Implementation
Cardinal Health experienced exponential growth over the past 15 years, mainly through acquisitions, which played a major role in expanding their presence in niche markets. As they grew, the business units maintained independent operating models which hindered cross-segment communication and integration. Their platform was not flexible enough to handle unique customer requirements and visibility to data was limited in legacy systems. These factors presented an operational risk that hindered Cardinal Health's strategy for continued growth.
Navigator became engaged to develop common platforms across Cardinal Health through the implementation of best in class applications and optimized business processes. We led over 17,000 requirements through stakeholder validation, data standardization, multiple testing phases, training, and business readiness to ensure that the business was prepared to adopt and accept the new changes to ensure the planned ROI was achieved.
Over the course of the engagement, Navigator worked alongside leadership to:
- Significantly reduce the complexity of the IT landscape and enabled integration
- Increase the speed and flexibility that enabled the ability to react and respond in real-time
- Provide an end-to-end view of the customers and partners for better decision making
- Minimize regulatory and technical risk
- Improve end-to-end processes and integration